Before you capture and process a trial, you must for storing and managing all the data associated with the motion capture trial. You do this in the Communications pane, on the Data Management tab.
For a video guide to database management, see the Vicon video, proEclipse: Preparing and managing your database, which is available on YouTube.
To prepare a location for your trial data:
- In the Communications pane, click the Data Management tab.
- Click Manage Eclipse Databases, and in the Manage Eclipse Databases dialog box, click the Add New button to enable you to locate and register a database folder. (Registering a folder enables you to select it in the Currently Registered Eclipse Databases list and from the recently used files that are displayed when you click the Show main proEclipse menu button.)
A database is just a folder structure where your Nexus files will be saved. Generally, you can create a database in any unrestricted location.
- Select a location on your local hard disk for the database folder, or if required, click Make New Folder and enter a name for your folder. Click OK.
- In the Manage Eclipse Databases dialog box, the folder that you just selected or created appears in the Currently Registered Eclipse Databases list. Click Close.
All registered databases are also available when you click the Show main proEclipse menu button.
- On the Data Management tab, click on name of the folder you just created, ensuring its name appears in the live link at the top left of the tab.
To check that your hierarchy of folders appears as expected, click the live link to open an instance of Windows Explorer, where you can see the folder you created.
- Ensure the folder name is still selected in the hierarchy displayed on the left of the Data Management tab, and create a hierarchy of data folders in which to store your data. A good practice is to make sure all your data goes into a session folder. To do this:
- Add a top-level folder by clicking the green New Patient Classification button . You can change its name as required. Generally, this classifies a group of subjects such as Men/Women, Old/Young, or Target Population/Controls.
- In the left hand panel, click the new patient classification that you just added and then add a patient folder by clicking the yellow New Patient button . Again, you can rename it as required.
- In the left-hand panel, click the patient folder that you just added and then add a session folder by clicking the gray New Session button . Rename it as required.
- Select the new session folder by clicking it on the Data Management tab.
You now have an active session, ready to store your preliminary capture.
For more detailed information on data management, see Data management with Nexus
in the Vicon Nexus Reference Guide