The specification for a PC for use with Shogun depends on the size of the motion capture system and the quantity of data to be captured and processed.
Note that the minimum recommended monitor resolution is 1080 pixels (1920 x 1080).
These guidelines may have been superseded since publication. For up-to-date information, please visit the Vicon website FAQ What is the recommended computer specification to run my Vicon Shogun system or contact Vicon Support.
The following specification is recommended for most medium- to large-sized Vicon Shogun systems:
- 8 core 3+GHz Intel processor
- 32 GB memory
- Primary drive (system OS and Vicon Shogun): SSD (512 GB minimum recommended)
- Secondary drive (data storage): SATA drive (2 TB or larger recommended)
- Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 or equivalent (3 GB minimum recommended). Similar spec nVidia Quadro card is acceptable.
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (also see Supported operating systems for Vicon Shogun)
For Vicon systems that include supported video cameras:
- Video drives (to guarantee speeds, one per Vue or Bonita Video camera. However, depending on system requirements and SSD specification, two video streams may be written to one drive): SSD (Samsung Evo series or equivalent recommended)
- Network card: either an Intel i350 T4 Quadport Ethernet Server Adapter or Intel Ethernet Server Adapter i210 T1 single port adapter
Supported operating systems for Vicon Shogun
Shogun 1.3 is supported under the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit (this is the Vicon-recommended OS): Compatible with and fully supported. Installation, software operation and required third-party drivers tested.
- Microsoft Windows 7: Supported and has undergone limited testing.
Although Shogun may install and function under other Microsoft Windows operating systems, this is not officially supported or recommended by Vicon.
For further details, see Vicon system setup information or the PDF PC Setup for Vicon Systems.