The Shogun installer enables you to install the following components:
- Vicon ShogunPost This option installs Vicon Shogun Post, which supports offline functionality (post-processing). Selected by default.
- Vicon ShogunLive This option installs Vicon Shogun Live, which supports live functionality (real time and capture). Selected by default.
- Vicon Retarget This option installs Vicon Retarget, which supports creating retargeting setups. Selected by default.
- Vicon Video Viewer This option enables you to view .vvid format video files (produced by Shogun). Selected by default.
- Vicon Eclipse This options installs Vicon Eclipse, which is a standalone application for Vicon Shogun data management. (A data management function is also included in Shogun Post.) Selected by default.
- Bonjour This option installs Bonjour networking technology software. Selected by default.
- Sentinel License Server This option enables you to use this computer to host a SafeNet License Server to which other PCs can connect to use software licenses. For information on licensing, see License Vicon Shogun. Selected by default.
- Safenet Dongle Driver This option enables you to use a Safenet dongle, so is only necessary if your license uses a dongle. (You may need to reboot your PC after installation.) Cleared by default.
To install Shogun:
- Visit the Vicon Shogun page at https://www.vicon.com/software/shogun.
- On the Shogun page, click Download and download the Vicon Shogun software installer.
- In Windows Explorer, go to the folder to which you downloaded the installer and double-click Vicon_Shogun_Setup.exe.Note
If you attempt to install Shogun on a machine running a version of Windows that is earlier than Windows 10, you may receive an error message that halts the installation. The message instructs you to install a specified Windows update before re-starting the Shogun installation. In this case:
- Exit the Shogun installation.
- Download and install the specified Windows update.
- Start the Shogun installation again.
- In most cases, accept the default options to install ShogunLive, ShogunPost, Vicon Retarget, Vicon Video Viewer, Vicon Eclipse, Bonjour, and the license server. If you are using a SafeNet dongle, select the option to install the SafeNet dongle driver.
Note that if an older version of the license server is already installed, it is replaced. If the same version is already installed, the license server is not installed.Caution
Installing the Sentinel License Server also installs the License Tools. If you are already using any other version of the SafeNet licensing tools, before replacing them with the version included with Shogun, contact Vicon Support for advice.
If you are setting up a network license server and you do not want Shogun on that machine, you can choose to install only the license server.
- On the End-User License Agreement wizard page, read and accept the terms and click Initialize.
- On Shogun installation initialization wizard page, click Install.
The installation pages and license agreements that are displayed depend on the options you selected in Step 4.
- Click through the installation pages, accepting any necessary license agreements.
- On the final installation wizard page, click Finish.
- Enter the required information into the subsequent dialog boxes until the License Manager installation is complete.
- If the Bonjour networking technology dialog box appears, click Next and allow the installation to proceed until it is complete.