If something is not quite right, try these quick tips to get things going again.
What’s in the box
I am missing some equipment
Some equipment appears damaged from shipment.
- Contact Vicon Support email@example.com
My hardware isn’t connecting to the computer.
- Confirm that the IP address settings are correct following the instructions in Connect and configure the PC.
- Check the network card settings, including Jumbo Packet (for details, see Configuring network card settings or Configuring and connecting the network ports in the PDF PC setup for Vicon systems).
- Disable any firewall on the network card.
- Confirm that the Ethernet cable is firmly seated.
- Ensure you are an administrator on the computer.
I don’t see an image from the camera.
- Confirm that you've removed the lens cap.
- Ensure that the aperture is not fully closed.
- Confirm that the Strobe Intensity is high (best on full at 1) and that the Threshold is not too high (a good default is 0.2).
When I tap a calibrated camera to select it, the camera indicates that it has been bumped.
- To change the sensitivity of the camera to taps, in the camera’s Properties pane, Settings section (Nexus and Tracker) or General section (Shogun Live), choose a lower Bump Sensitivity setting.
After calibrating, image errors are very high.
- Ensure that the camera aim and focus are correct, the camera properties are set appropriately, and that you covered the whole volume during your wand wave, then repeat the calibration.
- Ensure Active Wand is selected in the Calibrate Cameras settings (Nexus and Tracker) or Camera Calibration tab (Shogun Live).