- Only qualified personnel should service the device. Faulty service may be dangerous and may invalidate any warranty applicable to the device.
- Do not store or carry flammable liquids, gases, or explosive materials in the same compartments as the device, its parts, or accessories.
- For vehicles equipped with an air bag, remember that an airbag inflates with great force. Do not place objects, including portable wireless equipment near or in the area over the air bag or in the airbag deployment area. If the wireless device is within the deployment area as an air bag inflates, serious injury could result.
- Switch off the device off before boarding an aircraft. The use of wireless devices in aircraft is illegal and may be dangerous to the aircraft’s operation. Check with appropriate authorities before using any function of the device while on an aircraft.
- The primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his or her vehicle. Do not engage in any activity while driving a moving vehicle which may take your eyes off the road or become absorbed in any activity that your ability to concentrate on the act of driving becomes impaired.
- Failure to observe these instructions may lead to the suspension or denial of network services, or legal action, or both.
Battery use and safety
- The battery in this device is not intended to be replaced by the consumer. If you believe the battery is damaged or needs to be replaced, return the device for inspection and replacement.
- Do not let the device or battery come in contact with liquids. Liquids can get into the device’s circuits, leading to corrosion. Even when the device appears dry and appears to operate normally, the circuit could slowly corrode and pose a safety hazard.
- Do not place the device in or near a heat source. Excessive heating can damage the device and battery and could cause the device or the battery to explode. Do not dry a wet or damp device with an appliance or heat source such as a microwave oven, hair dryer, iron, or radiator. Avoid leaving your device in your vehicle in high temperatures.
- Do not dispose of the device or battery in a fire. The device or battery may explode when overheated.
- Avoid dropping the device. Dropping the device, especially on a hard surface, can potentially cause damage. If you suspect damage to the device or battery, return it for inspection.
- Never use any battery that is damaged in any way.
- Warning. Use of a non-manufacturer approved batteries may present a risk of fire, leakage, or other hazard. Manufacturer warranty does not cover damage to the device caused by non-approved batteries.
- Do not use incompatible batteries and chargers. If using a powered USB Hub always ensure that you use the manufacturer’s approved or recommended power source. Some websites and second-hand dealers not associated with reputable manufacturers and carriers, might be selling incompatible or even counterfeit batteries and chargers. Please refer to Vicon Motion Systems Ltd for advice. Misuse or use of incompatible batteries and chargers could result in damage to the device and a possible risk of fire, explosion, or leakage, leading to serious injuries, damage to your device, or other serious hazard.
- Avoid temperature below 0oC/ 32oF or above 37oC/99oF.
- Do not expose your device to dust, dirt, or sand.
- Remember to follow any special regulations in force in any area, and always switch your device off whenever it is forbidden to use it, or when it may cause interference or danger. When connecting the device or any accessory to another device, read its user’s guide for detailed safety instructions. Do not connect incompatible products.
- Implantable medical devices. A minimum separation of 6 inches (15.3 mm) should be maintained between the device and an implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker or implantable defibrillator, to avoid potential interference by the device.
The wearable device uses neodymium magnets to provide an easy connection to supporting strap holders. The operation of heart pacemakers will be affected by the close proximity of a magnet. Magnets can set a pacemaker working in a way that is not suitable for the pacemaker user and that might affect their health. This change will stop when the magnet is removed. The background to this is that magnets are used to put pacemakers into a mode of working that does not respond to the patient's own heart rhythm. Pacemaker clinics use magnets to change the working of the pacemaker, to see how it is operating. Each pacemaker manufacturer uses the 'magnet response' of a pacemaker in a different way, so it is impossible to be more precise than the above statement. Some manufacturers have a response that makes the pacemaker pace the heart at 100 beats-per-minute or faster. The pacemaker will not usually synchronize with the natural heart beat when a magnet is applied. It is theoretically possible to trigger a life-threatening heart rhythm by doing so.
- Persons who have such implantable medical devices:
- Should ALWAYS keep the device more than 6 inches (15.3 mm) from their implantable medical device when the device is turned ON;
- Should not carry the device in a breast pocket;
- Should immediately turn the device OFF if there is any reason to suspect that interference is taking place;
- Should read and follow the directions from the manufacturer of your implantable medical device. If you have any questions about using your wireless device and/or using magnets with an implantable medical device, consult your health care provider.
- Persons who have such implantable medical devices:
- Other medical devices. If you use any other personal medical devices, consult the manufacturer of your device to determine if it is adequately shielded from external RF energy. Your physician may be able to assist you in obtaining this information. Immediately turn the device OFF if there is any reason to suspect that interference is taking place.
- Switch your wireless device off in health care facilities when any regulation posted in these areas instructs you to do so. Hospitals or health care facilities may be using equipment that could be sensitive to external RF energy.
- Vehicles. RF signals may affect improperly installed or inadequately shielded electronic systems in motor vehicles. Check with the manufacturer or its representative regarding using your wireless device in a motor vehicle. You should also consult the manufacturer of any equipment that has been added to your vehicle. Immediately turn the device OFF if there is any reason to suspect that interference is taking place.
- Posted facilities. Switch your device off in any facility where posted notices require you to do so.
- Potentially explosive environments. Switch your wireless device off when in any area with a potential explosive atmosphere and obey all signs and instructions. Sparks in such areas could cause an explosion or fire resulting in bodily injury or even death. Users are advised to switch the wireless device off while at a refueling point (service station).
Users are reminded of the need to observe restrictions on the use of radio equipment in fuel depots (fuel storage and distribution areas), chemical plants or where blasting operations are in progress. Areas with a potentially explosive atmosphere are often but not always, clearly marked. They include below deck on boats, chemical transfer or storage facilities, vehicles using liquefied petroleum gas (such as propane or butane), areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain, dust, metal powders or anesthetic gases, and other areas where you would normally be advised to turn off your vehicle engine. Vehicles using liquefied petroleum gas (such as propane or butane) must comply with the National Fire Protection Standard (NFPA-58). For a copy of this standard, contact the National Fire Protection Association.
- High magnetic flux environments. The device contains ferrous components so may constitute a physical projectile hazard if brought into high magnetic flux environments such as found within Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) facilities.
- Securing straps. Securing straps are Latex Free, manufactured using Neoprene or polychloroprene. Allergic reaction to neoprene is generally ascribed to the accelerants used to manufacture the man-made rubber, specifically thiourea compounds and mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT). Symptoms of neoprene-related allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) include itching, skin eruptions, swelling, and hemorrhages into the skin. If you experience an ACD, please immediately desist from using the straps.
- Allergies to Nickel Neodymium magnets are nickel-plated. Nickel is a metal which can cause an allergic reaction in some people who are exposed to long-term contact with objects that release nickel. As a precaution, avoid long-term contact with nickel-plated magnets and totally avoid contact with nickel-plated materials if you already have a nickel allergy. How much or little it takes to trigger a nickel allergy is debatable and changes from person to person.
Restricting children’s access to your device
- Your device is not a toy. Do not allow children to play with it because they could hurt themselves and others or damage the device.
- Keep the device and all its parts and accessories out of reach of small children.
- Children (aged 16 years or younger) should NEVER be allowed to play with NEODYMIUM magnets if they break free from the device. Even relatively small magnets can cause blood blisters and cuts and tiny magnets can cause serious injury if swallowed.