- Right-click the Windows Start menu icon and select Device Manager (or use your preferred method of opening the Device Manager).
- In the Device Manager, click on an item in the list of devices and then click the Action menu and select Add legacy hardware.
- In the Welcome screen, click Next.
- In the Add Hardware screen, select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list and then click Next.
- In the next screen, scroll down the Common hardware types list, select Network adapters and then click Next.
- From the Manufacturer list, select Microsoft, and then select Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter card model and click Next.
- In the next screen, click Next.
- Click Finish.