To install Shogun:
- Visit the Vicon Software Shogun page at https://www.vicon.com/downloadssoftware/softwareshogun.
- On the Software Shogun page, click Shogun Download and download the Vicon Shogun software installer.
- In Windows Explorer, go to the folder to which you downloaded the installer and double-click Vicon_Shogun_Setup.exe.
If you attempt to install Shogun on a machine running a version of Windows that is earlier than Windows 10, you may receive an error message that halts the installation. The message instructs you to install a specified Windows update before re-starting the Shogun installation. In this case:
- Exit the Shogun installation.
- Download and install the specified Windows update.
- Start the Shogun installation again.
- In most cases, accept the default options to install ShogunLive, ShogunPost, Vicon Retarget, Vicon Video Viewer, Vicon Eclipse, Bonjour, and the license server. If you are using a SafeNet dongle, select the option to install the SafeNet dongle driver.
Note that if an older version of the license server is already installed, it is replaced. If the same version is already installed, the license server is not installed.
Installing the Sentinel License Server also installs the License Tools. If you are already using any other version of the SafeNet licensing tools, before replacing them with the version included with Shogun, contact Vicon Support for advice.
If you are setting up a network license server and you do not want Shogun on that machine, you can choose to install only the license server.
- On the End-User License Agreement wizard page, read and accept the terms and click Initialize.
- On Shogun installation initialization wizard page, click Install.
The installation pages and license agreements that are displayed depend on the options you selected in Step 4.
- Click through the installation pages, accepting any necessary license agreements.
- On the final installation wizard page, click Finish.
- Enter the required information into the subsequent dialog boxes until the License Manager installation is complete.
- If the Bonjour networking technology dialog box appears, click Next and allow the installation to proceed until it is complete.