- Ensure you have installed Evoke as described in Install Vicon Evoke. Depending on the type of license you have, ensure that your system is ready:
- If your PC obtains its license from a license server, ensure that Evoke is licensed on the relevant server.
- If you are using a standalone license, ensure that you have requested, saved, and activated your license on this machine.
- Start Evoke and depending on whether or not a license is found:
- If the Vicon Automated Unified Product Licensing Tool dialog box opens, click Set License Server; or
- If Evoke opens and you want to view or change the current license server:
- On the Help menu, click About and in the dialog box, click Licensing.
- In the Vicon Automated Unified Product Licensing Tool dialog box, go to the Product License Location list (in the lower half of the dialog box), and right-click on the line that shows the relevant Evoke license and then click Set License Type.
- In the Change License Server dialog box, do one of the following:
- To use standalone licensing, click Use Standalone/Commuter Licenses Only and then click OK.
- To obtain a license from any available license server (local or on a network), click Use Standalone/Commuter Licenses Or Scan for a License Server and then click OK.
- To select a specific license server from a list of available servers:
- Click Discover. Both local and network licenses are shown.
- In the Available Servers list, double-click the required license server and then click OK.
- To specify a license server, click Use a Specific Network License Server, type the name in the License Server field, and click OK.