- Only qualified personnel should service the device. Faulty service may be dangerous and may invalidate any warranty applicable to the device.
- Do not store or carry flammable liquids, gases, or explosive materials in the same compartments as the device, its parts, or accessories.
- For vehicles equipped with an air bag, remember that an airbag inflates with great force. Do not place objects, including portable wireless equipment near or in the area over the air bag or in the airbag deployment area. If the wireless device is within the deployment area as an air bag inflates, serious injury could result.
- Switch off the device off before boarding an aircraft. The use of wireless devices in aircraft is illegal and may be dangerous to the aircraft’s operation. Check with appropriate authorities before using any function of the device while on an aircraft.
- The primary responsibility of every driver is the safe operation of his or her vehicle. Do not engage in any activity while driving a moving vehicle which may take your eyes off the road or become absorbed in any activity that your ability to concentrate on the act of driving becomes impaired.
- Failure to observe these instructions may lead to the suspension or denial of network services, or legal action, or both.
Battery use and safety
- The battery in this device is not intended to be replaced by the consumer. If you believe the battery is damaged or needs to be replaced, return the device for inspection and replacement.
- Do not let the device or battery come in contact with liquids. Liquids can get into the device’s circuits, leading to corrosion. Even when the device appears dry and appears to operate normally, the circuit could slowly corrode and pose a safety hazard.
- Do not place the device in or near a heat source. Excessive heating can damage the device and battery and could cause the device or the battery to explode. Do not dry a wet or damp device with an appliance or heat source such as a microwave oven, hair dryer, iron, or radiator. Avoid leaving your device in your vehicle in high temperatures.
- Do not dispose of the device or battery in a fire. The device or battery may explode when overheated.
- Avoid dropping the device. Dropping the device, especially on a hard surface, can potentially cause damage. If you suspect damage to the device or battery, return it for inspection.
- Never use any battery that is damaged in any way.
- Warning. Use of a non-manufacturer approved batteries may present a risk of fire, leakage, or other hazard. Manufacturer warranty does not cover damage to the device caused by non-approved batteries.
- Do not use incompatible batteries and chargers. For safety, only limited power source chargers are supplied by Vicon Motion Systems Ltd. If using a powered USB Hub always ensure that you use the manufacturer’s approved or recommended power source. Some websites and second-hand dealers not associated with reputable manufacturers and carriers, might be selling incompatible or even counterfeit batteries and chargers. Please refer to Vicon Motion Systems Ltd for advice. Misuse or use of incompatible batteries and chargers could result in damage to the device and a possible risk of fire, explosion, or leakage, leading to serious injuries, damage to your device, or other serious hazard.