Which versions are covered?
The following instructions cover the Unreal SteamVR plugin for Unreal Engine versions 4.25 and 4.26.
On this page:
Before you begin
Before you begin, ensure the following preconditions are met:
- Evoke is installed on a capture PC.
- Unreal Engine is installed on a game-ready PC.
- The latest Unreal Engine plugin is installed on the game-ready PC.
- The two PCs are connected via a network.
- Vicon SteamVR Plugin is installed (see Install and set up the SteamVR plugin).
- UE4 project open
Set up Evoke HMD object
- In Evoke, create a new Smart Object. Ensure one of the calibrated Smart Object Templates (SOTs) for the HMDs is used.
- Assign clusters to the Smart Object slots.
- Ensure the Smart Object is tracking in Evoke.
- Take note of the Smart Object name.
A subject is not required.
Set up Live Link
To set up Live Link, use one of the methods described in Create a Live Link source.
Set up Fusion
- Follow the steps in Initialize Vicon Fusion.
- Ensure the Object Name field matches the Evoke HMD Object name.
In the Details panel, set the Z location to the floor (usually 20 in the default map). Under Actor, locate Spawn Collision Handling Method. Set the dropdown to Always Spawn, Ignore Collisions. Note Click on the dropdown next to the button and select VR Preview. Tip
Check the animation at runtime
Unwanted collisions with other Actors (e.g. a character) can cause unintended behavior.
If this option is disabled, ensure that the VR headset is plugged in and the correct plugins have been set as described in Set up the plugin in the editor. You may need to restart the editor for this option to become available.
In the Details panel, set the Z location to the floor (usually 20 in the default map).
Under Actor, locate Spawn Collision Handling Method.
Set the dropdown to Always Spawn, Ignore Collisions.
Click on the dropdown next to the button and select VR Preview.
Package the project
- Navigate to Edit > Project Settings.
Navigate to Project > Description > Settings.
Ensure Start In VR is enabled.
- Follow the steps in Packaging a project.
- Launch the executable.