Before you begin, ensure that you have:
- A subject wearing the correct marker set and calibrated.
- A prop with the correct marker set and created in Shogun.
Complete these steps in order:
Set up Shogun
- Create and calibrate a subject in Shogun Live, using the Subject Calibration panel.
- Note the subject name.
- Create a prop, using the Subject Calibration panel.
Note the name of the prop.
To manipulate the prop bone, click the Pause button. This can be useful for aligning props to FBXs.
- Note of the name of the root bone. (By default, all props created in Shogun have a root bone called root.)
- Ensure both the subject and prop are tracking, labeling and solving.
Start Unity and install the plugin
For initial setup, complete the steps in Install and set up the software.
Ensure you complete the steps for VR setup.
Set up the DataStream client
To connect the Vicon Datastream client to Shogun, using the correct port, complete the steps in Set up the ViconDataStream prefab.
Set up the subject script (character)
To prepare the subject script for the character, complete the steps in Set up the subject script.
Set up the subject script (prop)
To prepare the subject script for the prop, complete the steps in Set up the subject script, but instead of using a character FBX, select one of the PropMeshes from Assets > Vicon Unity Plugin > PropMeshes and use that instead.
Stream animation data
- Ensure that your scene set up now contains Character FBX, Prop FBX and ViconDataStreamPrefab.
- Click Play.
Animation data streams from Shogun onto both the prop and the subject.