Location: Resources pane > Objects tab
The ability to act on multiple objects simultaneously is useful when you are working with similar objects, such as the collection of rigid bodies that make up a single subject.
You can group objects and then select the group, so that activation, selection, and deletion applies to all objects in the selected group.
For more information, see:
Create a group
To create a group of objects:
- On the Objects tab, click to select the required objects, then right-click and on the context menu click Group Objects.
- Enter a name for your group and click OK.
The selected objects are grouped under the new group name:
You can create further groups of objects as required.
- To see the objects in a group, expand the group by clicking the arrow to the right of the group name. By default, all objects in the group are activated:
Add objects to a group
To add objects to an existing group:
On the Objects tab, right-click the name of the object that you want to add to the group, point to Add to Group, and then click the name of the required group.
Activate and deactivate grouped objects
To activate/deactivate objects
On the Objects tab, you can activate/deactivate grouped objects in either of these ways:
- All objects in a group: Clear or select the check box to the left of the group name.
- One or more objects within a group: Expand the group and clear or select the check box to the left of the object name.
The check box to the left of the group name changes to reflect the activation status of objects within the group.
Select grouped objects
To select grouped objects
When you select a group (that is, click its name on the Objects tab), all the objects in the group are selected by default:
You can also click, SHIFT-click and CTRL-click to select/deselect one or more objects within the group.
Ungroup or delete grouped objects
To ungroup or delete objects
On the Objects tab, you can ungroup and/or delete grouped objects in either of these ways:
- All objects in a group: Right-click the group name and click the required option:
- Delete permanently deletes the group and all the objects within it.
- Ungroup moves all the group's objects outside the group and lists them separately on the Objects tab. The group name is no longer displayed.
- One or more objects within a group: Expand the group, right-click the required object(s) and then click the required option:
- Delete Object permanently deletes the object.
- Remove Object from GroupName moves the object from within the group to outside the group, so that it is listed separately on the Objects tab.
Change the color of grouped objects
To change the color of grouped objects
- On the Objects tab, select a group by clicking its name.
- In the Properties pane, click the group's Color box.
- In the Select Color dialog box, choose the required color.
The color of all the objects in the selected group changes.
Save grouped objects
To save grouped objects:
On the Objects tab, expand the group, right-click the object and click Save Object.