If a server provides licenses to client PCs on your network, to enable a client PC to find its license quickly, on the client PC specify the license server for Vicon Tracker to use.
If you use standalone licensing, Vicon Tracker should find its license. If not, or if you need to change the license server, complete the following steps.
To enable Vicon Tracker to find its license:
- Ensure you have installed Vicon Tracker as described in Install Vicon Tracker. Depending on the type of license you have, ensure that your system is ready:
- If your PC obtains its license from a license server, ensure that Vicon Tracker is licensed on the relevant server.
- If you are using a standalone license, ensure that you have requested, saved and activated your license on this machine.
- Start Vicon Tracker and depending on whether or not a license is found:
- If the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box opens, click Set License Server; or
- If Vicon Tracker opens and you want to view or change the current license server, on the Help menu, click Vicon Product Licensing. In the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, go to the Product License Location list (in the lower half of the dialog box), and right-click on the line that shows the relevant Vicon Tracker license and then click Set License Type.
- In the Change License Server dialog box, do one of the following:
- To use standalone licensing, select Use Standalone/Commuter Licenses Only and then click OK.
- To obtain a license from any available license server (local or on a network), select Use Standalone/Commuter Licenses Or Scan for a License Server and then click OK.
- To select a specific license server from a list of available servers, click Discover. Local and network licenses are displayed. Then, in the Available Servers list, double-click the required license server and click OK.
- To specify a license server on your network, select Use a Specific Network License Server, type the name in the License Server field, and click OK.