To request a license, you start Vicon Tracker and supply the relevant details.
To request a license from Vicon Support:
- If you are using a SafeNet dongle to license your machine:
- Ensure you've installed the latest dongle drivers on the PC on which you will run Tracker. You can either choose the option for dongle drivers when you install Tracker, or run the Vicon Tracker installer at any time, or you can download the drivers from the Vicon website.
- Insert the dongle.
On the machine for which you want the license (either a networked license server or a standalone machine), start Tracker and at the left of the dialog box, click Request License.
You can also manage licensing in the following ways:
– After you have licensed Tracker, start Tracker and on the Help menu, click Vicon Product Licensing; or
– To run the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool (VAULT) independently of Tracker, click the Start button, then All Programs > Vicon > Licensing > Vicon Product Licensing.
- At the top of the Request a License dialog box, from the Product and Product Version menus, ensure Vicon Tracker and 3.# are selected.
- In the appropriate fields, type your name, email address and company name.
- In the Options area, select whether to request:
- Standalone license locked to local PC name: for use by the PC from which you are sending this request only
- Network license locked to license server name: for use on the license server machine from which you are sending this request by one or more PCs on the same network
- Standalone license locked to a dongle: for use with the specified dongle on a single PC. In the Dongle ID field, type the ID (found on the dongle).
- For network/server based licenses only: if necessary, change the value for the Number of Seats.
- Leave the settings in the Machine area at their default values unless you are asked to change them by Vicon Support (for example, if you are using a dual-booting system or have had to reinstall Windows).
- Do one of the following:
- If you can email your license request, click the Email Request button; or
- If email is currently unavailable, click Save Request to a file, so that you can send the request later. Type or browse to a suitable location and click OK. The file is saved as ViconLicenseRequest*.xml. When possible, email the file to Vicon Support.