Placement of the tracking cameras
- Place cameras to provide a good view of the objects mounted on the cameras. Correct placement enables Vicon Tracker to determine the location of each marker on the camera object. Take care to choose a location that minimizes merging of the markers in camera views.
- Typically (with an object mounted horizontally on top of the camera) the cameras should be mounted as high as possible.
Setup of the tracking cameras
- Balance camera apertures to:
- Give images of the markers that are just saturated when placed in the center of the tracking volume of the studio
- Not show significant visible reflection from studio lighting or other items in the tracking volume
- In Tracker, set Thresholds between 0.1 and 0.3.
- Forward focus cameras on markers at distances that represent locations in which the broadcast cameras are likely to be tracked.
General Tracker software settings
- Low jitter mode must be enabled.
- In production use, Track mode must be enabled.
- Filtering is not normally required.