If a server provides licenses to client PCs on your network, to enable a client PC to find its license quickly, specify the license server for Shogun.
If you use standalone licensing, Shogun should automatically find its license. If not, or if you need to change the license server, follow the steps below.
To enable Shogun to find its license
- Ensure you have installed Shogun as described in Install Vicon Shogun. Depending on the type of license you have, ensure that your system is ready:
- If your PC obtains its license from a license server, ensure that Shogun is licensed on the relevant server.
- If you are using a standalone license, ensure that you have requested, saved, and activated your license on this machine.
- Start Shogun and depending on whether or not a license is found:
- If the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box opens, click Set License Server; or
- If Shogun opens and you want to view or change the current license server:
- On the Help menu, click About and in the dialog box, click Licensing.
- In the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool dialog box, go to the Product License Location list (in the lower half of the dialog box), and right-click on the line that shows the relevant Shogun license and then click Set License Type.
- In the Change License Server dialog box, do one of the following:
- To use standalone licensing, click Use Standalone/Commuter Licenses Only and then click OK.
- To obtain a license from any available license server (local or on a network), click Use Standalone/Commuter Licenses Or Scan for a License Server and then click OK.
- To select a specific license server from a list of available servers:
- Click Discover. Both local and network licenses are shown.
- In the Available Servers list, double-click the required license server and then click OK.
- To specify a license server, click Use a Specific Network License Server, type the name in the License Server field, and click OK.
You can instead select the required license server by going to the License Server list (in the upper half of the dialog box), right-clicking on the line that shows the relevant Shogun license and then clicking Use This License for Shogun.