Shogun Live’s multi-machine capability enables you to reduce dropped frames by running a standalone agent on one or more other machines on the same network.
Requirements for multi-machine processing
- Agent machines with high clock speeds
- Agent(s) and main machine running on the same network
- Network adapters on the network set within the range 192.168.128.###
If required, for example, if 192 is already used for other clients or processes, you can manually set the subnet to be used for Shogun multi-machine processing. For details, see Specify the subnet for multi-machine processing.
Normally, you will not need to change the default port number, 37415.
If this clashes with another application:
ShogunAgent --port=<port number>
- Set the matching number in the Add Agent dialog box.
Set up multi-machine processing
- On the main machine, note or set the IP address. In the following example, the address is 192.168.128.100.
- On the agent (secondary) machine, note or set the IP address. In this example, it is set to 192.168.128.101.
- Open up CMD/PowerShell and ping each machine to make sure there is a connection.
- On the agent machine, install the agent installer (the ShogunAgentInstaller file, found in the Shogun installer) and run it.
- Install the same version of Shogun on the main machine and run it.
- On the main machine, in Shogun Live, on the View menu, select Agents.
- In the Agents dialog box, click Add Agent
- In the first field, enter a unique name.
- In the Endpoint field, enter the agent’s IP address, for example, 192.168.128.101:
- Click Add Agent.
At the bottom of the Agents dialog box, Contributing is displayed.
- In Shogun Live, on the Processing panel, ensure the Advanced properties are displayed, scroll to the Multi-machine section and enter the name you specified (see Step 7a) of the agent(s) that you want to use for reconstruction, labeling, solving and/or retargeting.
Specify the subnet for multi-machine processing
If required, you can manually set the subnet to be used for Shogun multi-machine processing.
To specify the subnet:
- On the main PC, add this flag:
- On the agent machine, add this flag:
HOST_IP is the IP address of the machine.
When you add an agent in Shogun Live, you can then use your local IP range.