Shogun Live enables you to replay takes as soon as you’ve captured them. MCP review enables you to review a take (.mcp file), update your notes on a take, or investigate technical issues, all without having to leave Live. When you’ve finished reviewing the take, you can immediately resume capturing.
To review takes in Live:
- Ensure that you have at least one take in the Session folder (see Capture a take).
- On the Capture panel, in the Review section, click the required row.
- If required, you can change the Description and Notes fields at the bottom of the Review section.
- To review the selected take, double-click the row.
At the top of the Shogun Live window, in the center of the menu bar, the word Review is displayed, followed by the title of the selected take.
At the bottom of the screen a time bar displays information about the selected take. It shows you the current frame, current timecode and duration.
- To play through the take, you can use the Play/Stop button and the Go to beginning and Go to end buttons to the right of the time bar. You can also press the default A and S hot keys to scrub back and forward one frame at a time (to change hot keys, click Manage Hot Keys on the User Preferences tab (Shift+P)).
- To close review mode and return to capturing, click the exit button to the right of the take title in the menu bar.
Shogun Live is either in capture mode (ie live) or in review mode for a single take. You cannot view both live and captured data simultaneously, or compare two takes.
For more information, see:
Streaming via Vicon DataStream SDK
The current data in Shogun Live is served to Vicon DataStream SDK clients over port 801, so that MotionBuilder and Unreal show the reviewed clip when Shogun Live is not capturing.
For clients that require uninterrupted live, an additional DataStream SDK server sends the current live data over port 804.
Monitor datastream connections in the Connections panel
Shogun 1.6 and later enables you to display the current connections for the datastream ports. To do this:
- On the View menu, click the new Connections option to display the Connections panel.
MCP review via Shogun Live SDK
You can launch and control MCP review using the Live SDK.
For more information, see the Live SDK sample script included in the API package (by default installed in C:\Program Files\Vicon\ShogunLive1.#\SDK\) and the information in the supplied code.
The sample script (playback.py), enables you to open an MCP for review in Shogun Live by specifying a capture name, as shown in the following example, or just review live data if no name is specified.
python playback.py --name Jack_Fin_2019-10-15_17-19-26
For more information on using Python with Shogun, see Python scripting with Vicon Shogun.
Review Vicon Video and SDI video files
You can check your reference footage against what was captured, including any overlay of the 3D mesh. To do this:
- Load an .mcp file with video data into MCP review (see MCP Review in Shogun Live).
- On the Capture tab, in the Review section, select Video. (Note that this option is cleared by default, as performance may be affected in files with multiple video cameras.)
- Play or scrub through the review of the take, which includes data from Vue or SDI video cameras.
Review raw camera data
You can check raw data for captured takes. This can be useful when troubleshooting or investigating possible issues. To do this:
- Load an .mcp file into MCP review (see MCP Review in Shogun Live).
- Ensure the View Filters are set as required.
- Play or scrub through the take and review the raw data as required.