If you have received a SafeNet dongle for use with your Vicon Shogun license, you must request a license, download and install the appropriate drivers, and activate the license that you receive from Vicon Support.
To use a SafeNet dongle for licensing:
- Insert the SafeNet dongle into a USB port on the PC.
- Ensure you have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the dongle onto the PC on which you will run Shogun. You can either choose the option for dongle drivers when you install Shogun, or run the Shogun installer at any time, or you can download the drivers from the Vicon website.
- Check your email for a message from Vicon Support with the ID of your dongle (of the form UBnnnnnn) in the Subject line. The license file (named Shogun.lic) is attached to this email. If you have not received a license file, request one (see Request a license).
- Save the file Shogun.lic that you are sent by Vicon Support to your Windows desktop (or any other suitable location).
- Activate the license as described in Activate a license.
- You can now run Shogun.
To use your dongle on a different computer, repeat the above process on the new PC.