When you are happy with the quality of your data, you can export it from Shogun Post in a format that is appropriate for your chosen animation software.
If you are exporting to FBX, to ensure you choose an appropriate frame rate, see also Frame rates supported by the FBX file format.
To export a take:
- If you want to export only particular aspects of your take (eg bones), select them in your preferred way (eg, in the Selection panel, or by using the Selection Filters options in the Perspective view, etc).
- To specify the required options for your export, on the General menu, click Preferences, and in the Preferences dialog box, click the File Export tab.
- Select the required export file format and, if you made a selection for export in Step 1, be sure to select the Selected objects only box. Select any other options needed, such as the appropriate frame rate (for FBX, see Frame rates supported by the FBX file format), and then click Close.
- On the File menu, click Export.
- In the Export dialog box, if necessary, change the location of the export and enter a name for your exported file.
- Select the appropriate file type (e.g. FBX).
- Click Save to export your file to the specified location.s
Frame rates supported by the FBX file format
The following are the frame rates supported by the FBX file format and so are the only frame rates that can be exported from Vicon Post to this format.
30 fps (black and white NTSC)
30 fps (use when display in frame is selected in MotionBuilder, equivalent to NTSC drop)
~29.97 fps (drop color NTSC)
~29.97 fps (color NTSC)
25 fps (PAL/SECAM)
24 fps (Film/Cinema)
1000 milli/s (use for date time)
119.88 fps (requires custom MotionBuilder version)