The toe segments are used only as leaf segments for display purposes: they do not have any other function in the model. Therefore, they are aligned with the foot segment, but displaced to have their origins near the LTOE/RTOE markers.
To define the toes:
- Define a line called LeftFootLine using the function type Line and From point A in direction of Vector B.
- Select A = LAJC (the left ankle joint center), change B’s Type to Segment, the Input Variable to L_Foot and the XYZ to X. In other words, the line starts in the ankle joint center, and is defined in the direction of the left foot’s X-axis.
- Add a new point LTJC using Type Point and Project: A onto B. For A, select LTOE and for B, select the LeftFootLine defined above.
- Create a new segment L_Toe using the exact same definition as for L_Foot already defined except that the origin point should be LTJC instead of LAJC.
- Repeat Steps 1-4 for the right side.