Location: Window menu > Quick Reports
A new window, Nexus Quick Reports, enables you to display multiple graphs of model outputs normalized over the gait cycle (like a simplified Vicon Polygon graph view).
To display model outputs in Nexus Quick Reports:
- On the Window menu, click Quick Reports, or press F4 to open the Nexus Quick Reports window.
- In the main Nexus window, ensure that the trial (*.C3D file) that you want add to Quick Reports is the current trial.
- From the Pipeline Tools pane, expand Data Processing and double-click the pipeline operation, Add Trial to Quick Report to add it to the current pipeline.
- In the Current Pipeline list, right-click the Add Trial to Quick Report operation and click Run select Op.
For each trial that you want to add, repeat step 2–4.
To add trials to Quick Reports, you can also:
- Drag and drop one or more trials (*.C3D files) from Windows Explorer into the Quick Reports window; or
- Click the Add To Quick Report button on the Nexus toolbar (adds the current trial).
In the Nexus Quick Reports window, the added trials are displayed in the Trials list, by default on the right of the window.
Ensure the required cycle is selected in the Left and Right columns.
To change the options for all the trials, click the downward arrow to expand the Trials section and click the appropriate option at the top of the columns.
To display model outputs in the graphs, in the Model Outputs list, expand the relevant node and then select the required check box(es).
The selected outputs are displayed as graphs in the Nexus Quick Reports window.
By default a red line represents data from the left side and a green line represents data from the right. The trial currently selected in the Report Options list is represented by a heavier line on the graphs. To change green and red to solid and dashed lines, in the Options dialog box (press F7), on the left, click Quick Reports and then clear Use Context Colors. To change the colors displayed for each trace on the graph, click the color(s) that you want to change.
Expand the Gait Cycle Analysis section at the bottom left of the window and ensure the Distance Markers and Units are as required.
By default, the Parameter column displays average values across all selected trials. To view the average value for each trial, expand the relevant parameter.
- To export a PDF of the data in the Nexus Quick Reports window:
- Expand the Export Options section and clear or select the required options.
- From the Title Alignment list, select the required option.
- Click Export and in the Export to PDF dialog box, enter or browse to the required location.
- Click Save.
- To save your work, click the Save button at the bottom of the Report Options pane and select the appropriate option:
- *. qrd (Quick Reports Document): Saves the current Quick Report. Select this option if you have to suspend work on the report and want to carry on where you left off later.
- *. qrt (Quick Reports Template): Saves the layout of the Nexus Quick Reports window (ie the options currently selected in the Quick Reports window). Select this option if you want to produce reports of the same type of information for later trials. Quick Reports templates that are saved to the default location ( C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vicon\Nexus2.x\Configurations\QuickReports ) are listed when you click the Apply Report Template button .
About the Nexus Quick Reports window
The Nexus Quick Reports window comprises two sections:
- Controls are contained in a dockable Report Options pane, which by default is displayed to the right of the window. Expand the Trials, Model Outputs and Export Options sections by clicking the downward arrow to the right of each section divider. To move the controls pane, drag the Report Options title. The pane can be floated or docked to the left or right.
- Graphs of the data selected in the Report Options pane are shown in the main workspace. The current subject’s name and model template are shown as a title at the top.
To the bottom left of the main workspace, Gait Cycle Analysis parameters for the loaded trials are displayed.
In the large text box on the right, you can enter a description or notes, etc, which can be formatted using the buttons on the toolbar above the text box.
Report Options controls
In the Report Options pane, the following controls are available:
Enables you to select the subject whose data you want to view.
Lists the trials that you have added to the report. In this list, you can select or clear the relevant check boxes to display the required trial(s). To show/hide all trials, expand the Trials section and select or clear the check box at the top. The outputs for selected trials are displayed in each graph.
The Cycle dropdown lists at the top and in the Left and Right columns of the Trials list enable you to select which gait cycles to show for the left and right contexts for each trial.
To select trials, click (or Shift+click/Ctrl+click) in the Trial column of the required row(s) in the list. The selected row(s) in the list are highlighted with a blue background and by thicker lines in the graph.
To remove selected trials from the report or to mark selected trials in Data Management (eg, for use in Vicon Polygon), click Remove Selected or Mark Selected at the bottom of the list.
Model Outputs list
Displays available model outputs from the trials that have been added to the report.
|Export button||Opens the Export to PDF dialog box, which enables you to save the contents of the current Nexus Quick Reports window to a *.PDF file, with a name and location that you specify.|
Enables you to save the current Quick Report either as a document (*.qrd) or a template (*.qrt).
Enables you to enter or browse to a Quick Report document (*.qrd) or a template (*.qrt).
Apply Report Template button
|Enables you to apply a report template that was saved to the default location (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vicon\Nexus2.x\Configurations\QuickReports).|