The following additional enhancements were added to Nexus 2.5:
- New and enhanced export formats The following additions and improvements have been made to the export functionality of Vicon Nexus:
Location: Tools pane > Pipeline tab > Available Operations list > File Export
- Export MOT Nexus can now export files in .mot format for use in OpenSim.
Export MOX Nexus can now export files in .mox format for MoXie Viewer (http://moxie.smalll.eu/), a third-party application, not supplied by Vicon. Note that MoXie export can contain video cameras, EMGs and one forceplate.
Export 3D Overlay Video now enables you to specify the range of frames to export. This enables you to export only the section of trial that you're interested in.
- When exporting a workspace to AVI (using the Export Workspace to AVI button in the 3D and Camera views), you can now specify the resolution (Image Width and Image Height, in pixels) of the exported AVI, as well as the codec and the relevant frames.
- Clearer camera temperature icons
Location: Resources pane > System tree > selected camera(s) > Properties pane > Hardware section > Camera Body Temp 1 , Camera Body Temp 2 and (Vicon Vantage cameras only) Strobe Temp.
Camera sensor data is displayed in the Hardware section. In the latest version of Nexus, the camera temperature and for Vicon Vantage cameras only, the strobe temperature, as shown below, is indicated by the following icons:
In the Options dialog box (F7), you can change the upper and lower bounds of the Camera Temperature Range to values that are representative of your laboratory environment.
- Availability of custom calibration objects Nexus 2.5 automatically copies custom calibration objects from earlier versions of Nexus (2.0 and later) to the Public Documents folder (eg C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vicon\Nexus2.x\CalibrationObjects). For more information, see Upgrading from earlier versions of Nexus 2.
- Improvements to footstrike counter functionality:
- Hot key to reset footstrike counter A new hot key for resetting the footstrike counter : CTRL+SHIFT+R
- New footstrike counter options that enable you to change the onscreen appearance of the counters. To access the new options for font size, opacity and background color, open the Options dialog box (press F7) and click Footstrikes.
- Delete unwanted events If you crop a trial after you have added events to it, events may be retained in the discarded (cropped) region. To remove these events, you can now do either of the following:
- Click the Enter Event Identification Mode button (or press CTRL+E), right-click on the time bar and click Delete Events Outside Region of Interest before saving the trial.
- In the Pipeline Tools pane, from the Events & Timebar operations, select Delete Timebar Events and in the (Advanced) Properties pane, select whether to delete events inside or outside the specified region.
- Adjustable cone sizes New view options enable you to adjust the size of the cones that indicate the range selected for editing in the selected trajectory. To do this, open the Options dialog box (press F7) and click Trajectory Editor. Adjust the value of Radius as required (the default is 10 pixels).
SCoRE and SARA output residuals When you run SCoRE and SARA operations, Nexus now provides more information, including residual values, to the log.
- Drag and drop to open Nexus files To open files in Nexus, you can now drag and drop Nexus files onto the main Nexus window. File types that you can load in this way include: