To make it easy for a single operator to set up Vicon cameras, you can use the Vicon Control app, which runs on compatible iOS and Android devices. For more information, see the Vicon Control app on the Vicon website. If you are using the Vicon Control app, connect it to your Vicon Nexus system so that you can use it to configure Vicon cameras.
The following procedure describes how to connect Vicon Control to your Vicon Nexus system.
Before you can use your phone or tablet with Nexus, you must pair it with the PC that is running Nexus (the Vicon host PC).
To connect a device running the Vicon Control app to Nexus on a Vicon host PC:
- Ensure that your device is connected to a Wifi access point that is on the same subnet as the Vicon host PC.
- On the Vicon host PC, ensure that the required connection is used, that Nexus is running, and the system is connected.
- On the device, open the Vicon Control app.
The connection to Nexus is displayed on the initial Control screen:
- Tap the Nexus icon.
You are alerted that you must authorize the connection on the Vicon host PC before you can continue.
In Nexus on the Vicon host PC, an authorization request is displayed:
- To use the same connection in future, select Remember this choice for future connection attempts. To permit Control to access Nexus, click Allow.
On the device, a screen similar to the following is displayed:
If you later need to revoke authorizations, see the following tip.
- To select a camera and display a camera view, tap at the bottom of the screen.
You can swipe the camera view right or left to change to the next or previous camera and use stretch and pinch as normal to zoom in and out.
To access the dial control, tap and hold in a selected camera view.
- Use the dial to view and change settings, calibrate and capture.