- Vicon IMUs are supported for use with Nexus for research purposes only. For full sensor safety and regulatory details, see the Vicon Blue Trident Model V2 Safety and Regulatory Information.
Blue Trident sensors
- Windows 10 and later only is supported. Ensure the latest Windows 10 updates are installed.
- The firmware for Blue Trident sensors that are to be used with Nexus 2.10 or later must be updated to version 9.0.2 or later, using Capture.U Desktop 1.1 or later, which is available from the Capture.U page on the Vicon website.
- Second-generation Blue Trident sensors are supplied with Firmware 10 – do not downgrade their firmware. If you have first-generation Blue Trident sensors, you can safely downgrade their firmware, if necessary. However, as Capture.U 1.3.1 Desktop is not compatible with firmware earlier than 10.#, if you downgrade the firmware from version 10, you must uninstall Capture.U 1.3.1 and use an earlier version of Capture.U.
Blue Thunder sensors
- Blue Thunder IMU sensors are not supported in Nexus 2.10 or later. If you want to capture Blue Thunder data, use Nexus 2.9.x.
- You can load existing processed trials with Blue Thunder data into Nexus 2.10 or later and view the captured IMU data.
- The IMeasureU plug-in is not available in Nexus 2.10 or later.
You can configure the following settings in the Properties pane for a Vicon IMU device.
|Name||When the IMU is first connected, the name defaults to the Bluetooth Name of the IMU. If required, you can change this name.|
|Delay Compensation||Delay compensation value in seconds. |
|Enabled||When selected, data capture is enabled for this sensor.|
|Bluetooth Name||Bluetooth name of the device, derived from the Assembly Serial Number.|
|Bluetooth Address||The unique 48-bit Bluetooth Device Address|
|Output Preset||Choose from a list of preset output channels, which are displayed as axes on the graph. For information on customizing the outputs by selecting or clearing individual axes, see Deactivate an axis in the Vicon Nexus User Guide.|
|Record Output||If selected, the IMU records data to its internal storage. |
|Assembly Serial Number||Unique identifier for the sensor (eg, TS-00180), which is found on the back of the sensor.|
|Board Serial Number||The sensor's board serial number|
|Hardware Revision||Sensor hardware revision number|
|Firmware Revision||Firmware version of the connected sensor|
|Battery Level||The percentage of battery life (charge) remaining of the connected sensor|
|Storage Used||The percentage of storage used on the sensor|
|Record Rate||The sample rate of recorded sensor data (Hz). The sample rate depends on the selected outputs. For rates above 225 Hz, deactivate Global Angle output.|
Default: 225 Hz
|Stream Rate||The sample rate of preview (streaming) data for the sensor (Hz). |
Default: 50 Hz
|Connected||Indicates whether the sensor is connected.|
World X, Y and Z angle axis components (degrees) and local X, Y and Z angle axis components (degrees).
X, Y and Z are the world transformation. If the volume origin orientation is changed, they must be recalculated (using Align to World and Copy).
X2, Y2 and Z2 are the local transformation. They must be recalculated using Align to Segment every time the sensors are attached.
For more information, see Align IMU data to the Vicon world in the Vicon Nexus User Guide.
Radio Sync section
|Prefer Radio Sync||When selected, radio sync (via a Vicon Beacon) is used to synchronize your IMU sensor data to your Vicon system.|
|Radio Sync Device||Indicates whether or not a radio sync source (Vicon Beacon) is available.|