Simple Capture Mode enables you to use a workspace that maximizes your view of the capture volume and exposes a focused subset of controls required for repeated captures, allowing you to concentrate on the movement you are capturing.
In Simple Capture Mode, only the currently selected view type is displayed, together with controls that enable you to specify the trial type, name, and description, and to start and stop (or cancel) captures.
To display a simplified capture view:
- Ensure that you have set up your Vicon system as required, that Nexus is in Live mode, and that you have set up your trial types, including any post-capture pipeline required, auto-start triggers, etc. (For information on setting up trials, including pipelines and triggers, see Capture the required movement and Automatically start and stop capture.)
By default, Simple Capture Mode displays the same view as the current workspace. You can customize the view to include other panes (eg, a video pane alongside the 3D Perspective), as described in the following steps.
- Associate a custom view type with Simple Capture Mode. To do this:
- Open the Options dialog (press F7) and on the left click Simple Capture Mode View Options.
- On the right, from the View Type list, select On.
- From the User Specified Simple Capture Mode View list, select one of the following:
- To use the Vicon-supplied Simple Capture view type (which displays the view pane with a 3D Perspective view on the left, and Camera views with video cameras selected on the right, as shown above), ensure Simple Capture is selected; or
- To use your own view type (for a reminder of the controls that enable you to define and save a view type, see Get to know Vicon Nexus), select the required option.
- Turn on Simple Capture Mode. To do this:
- On the Window menu, select Simple Capture Mode; or
- Press CTRL+H
- To capture trials, at the bottom right of the Simple Capture view, click Start.
- To exit Simple Capture Mode, either press Esc, or press CTRL+H again. (You can also click the Window menu and clear Simple Capture Mode.)