Before setting up your Dikablis Eye Tracking system with Vicon Nexus, ensure the following system components are ready for use:
- Head unit
- Dikablis laptop
- Ethernet cable or crossover cable
- Battery pack and wireless transmitter (for wireless option), with battery fully charged
- Dikablis wireless receiver (for wireless option)
Although you can capture both Vicon data and Dikablis gaze data on a single PC, a dual-computer setup is recommended, where:
- The Dikablis laptop connects to the head unit and runs the Dikablis software.
- The desktop computer is connected to the Vicon system and runs Nexus.
- The Dikablis laptop is directly connected to the Nexus PC via a cable that runs between two Ethernet ports.
Before proceeding, ensure the battery is fully charged. When fitting the battery into its holder, make sure the battery is correctly oriented by first inserting the end with the contact points and then clicking the other end into place in the holder. For further instructions on setting up the hardware, see the Dikablis Eye Tracker User Manual.
Ensure the Dikablis Eye Tracking system is calibrated
Before you add a Dikablis Eye Tracker device to Vicon Nexus, set up the Dikablis laptop and ensure that eye tracking is calibrated, so that the pupil is tracked accurately by Dikablis Recorder.
To ensure the Dikablis Eye Tracking system is calibrated:
- Turn on the Dikablis laptop.
- Double-click the Dikablis Recorder icon on the desktop to start the software.
- Attach the head unit to the subject's head (for instructions, see the Dikablis Eye Tracker User Manual).
- In Dikablis Recorder, ensure that a cross hair appears on subject's pupil and that the pupil is accurately tracked (for instructions, see the Dikablis Eye Tracker User Manual).