You can include a Tobii Eye Tracker in your Vicon Nexus system, enabling you to output eye tracker position and gaze direction.
- Tobii integration for only the Tobii Pro Glasses 2.
- Supports use of only one pair of glasses at a time.
To include Tobii Pro Glasses 2 in your Vicon Nexus system, complete these procedures:
Before you begin, ensure your Nexus system is calibrated and that you have created a subject.
Set up Tobii Pro Glasses 2
To set up your Tobii Pro Glasses 2 for use with Nexus:
- Follow the instructions provided by Tobii. The quick start guide provided in the Tobii Pro Glasses 2 box provides instructions on preparing and connecting the glasses.
- To use Tobii Pro Glasses Controller software, connect the Tobii Pro Glasses 2 either through Ethernet or WiFi.
When setting up networking connection properties for an Ethernet port, ensure that Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is selected.
- Calibrate the glasses in the Tobii Pro Glasses Controller software.
This enables you to check the fit of the glasses before connecting to Nexus.
- After calibration is complete, close the Tobii Pro Glasses Controller Software.
Note that the recording unit requires batteries. A battery charger is provided, however, please ensure sufficient charging time. The recording unit requires only one battery, but takes 5+ hours charging time for a full charge.
Integrate Tobii Pro Glasses 2 into Nexus
To add the Tobii Pro Glasses 2 device into Nexus:
- Ensure the Tobii recording unit is connected to the Nexus computer via Ethernet or WiFi.
- Ensure that the Tobii glasses are being worn by a subject in the volume.
(Tobii glasses connect to Nexus only when the glasses are worn: if no eye is detected, the device is gray in the System Resources tree.)
- In the System Resources tree, right-click Devices, point to Add Digital Device and then select Add Tobii Pro Glasses 2.
Nexus searches for the glasses on the network. When the glasses are discovered, data begins streaming in Nexus.
Note that this process can take some time.
- Before capturing data, for each subject, perform a calibration on each subject in the same way as it is done in the Tobii Pro Glasses Controller software.
- Instruct the subject to look at the calibration card (for correct placement of the card, see the Tobii documentation).
- In the System Resources tree, ensure the Tobii Pro Glasses 2 device is selected and in the Properties pane, go to the Calibration section and click Start Calibration.
Ensure the subject continues to look at the calibration card.
Status information is displayed with a success/fail status at the end of the process.
If calibration is successful, the Calibration Status changes to calibrated.
Note that data that is needed for calibration is created on the SD card and is deleted when the device is deleted. If the connection is lost, projects and participants may be left on the SD card.
If no data is received for approximately one second, it is assumed that the connection has been lost and the device reverts to 'discovery' mode to try to re-connect to the device when it becomes available again.
- To visualize the gaze data in the Nexus workspace, in the General section of the Properties pane, specify a Glasses Segment that the glasses are attached to.
Note that specification of the Glasses Segment is not a requirement for receiving the data from the glasses: it is used for visualization in the Nexus workspace only.
- Ensure Nexus is running KinFit.
Tobii has an attachment for the glasses (currently available in the Integration Kit) for the glasses segment.
The relevant VSKs (found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Vicon\Nexus2.#\ModelTemplates) for the version of the Integration Kit provided in your Tobii Pro 2 Glasses box are also supplied.