The 3D Orthogonal view pane enables you to visualize motion capture data in 3D perspective viewed from a specified point of sight, or direction, of the capture volume.
You can view 3D data from an orthogonal perspective live in real time or from a previously saved trial.
In addition to the standard buttons (see View pane), the 3D Orthogonal view pane contains the following sections:
- 3D Orthogonal view pane toolbar Manage the display of data in the active workspace with the following list and button at the top of the view pane:
- Orthogonal view list Set the point of sight by selecting one of the following orthogonal projections (also called orthographic projections): -Z (default), +Z, +X, -X, +Y, -Y
- Center camera on selection Position the currently selected data in the center of the view pane. This option does not automatically zoom in on the selected data.
- 3D Orthogonal view View and manipulate 3D data in the view pane below the view pane toolbar. For example, you can dolly, tilt, truck, and zoom (but not pan or orbit) to control the portion of the capture volume that is displayed.
3D Orthogonal view usage tips
When you display a 3D Orthogonal view pane:
- To visualize data in the view pane, either stream live camera data (click Go Live), or double-click a processed data file on the Data Management tab.
- Reconstructed 3D data from all cameras is displayed in a single 3D Orthogonal view pane, initially from the -Z (top) view.
- The current trial name appears at the top of the view pane:
- – NO TRIAL if no trial is loaded
- – LIVE if Nexus is in Live mode
- – The trial file name if you are viewing a trial in Offline mode.
- If you want to change the way this text is displayed, open the Options dialog box (F7), and configure the Workspace Title option.