Depending on the way you license Vicon Evoke, choose one of the following:
- If you want to install Evoke and manage Vicon licenses on the same PC, see Install Evoke.
- If you are setting up a network license server and you don't want to install Evoke on that machine, see Install Vicon Product Licensing only.
The Evoke installer enables you to choose whether to install the following components (all are selected by default):
- Vicon Evoke This option installs Vicon Evoke, supporting live VR functionality.
- Vicon Retarget Application that supports retargeting.
- Vicon Firmware Manager This software checks whether your Vicon hardware needs firmware updates and enables you to update the firmware whenever necessary.
- Vicon Pulsar Reprogramming Tool This software enables you to check your Vicon Pulsar firmware and to update it whenever necessary.
- Vicon Video Viewer This software enables you to play back video files captured with Vicon Evoke and other Vicon applications.
- Bonjour This is an optional service used by the Vicon Control app to automatically discover Vicon application instances that are running on the network.
- Safenet Dongle Driver This option enables you to use a Safenet dongle, so is only necessary if your license uses a dongle. (You may need to reboot your PC after installation.)
To install Evoke:
- Download the Vicon Evoke software installer (if you have not received a link, contact Vicon Support).
In Windows Explorer, go to the folder to which you downloaded the installer and double-click Vicon_Evoke_Setup.exe.Note
If you attempt to install Evoke on a machine running a version of Windows that is earlier than Windows 10, you may receive an error message that halts the installation. The message instructs you to install a specified Windows update before re-starting the Evoke installation. In this case:
- Exit the Evoke installation.
- Download and install the specified Windows update.
- Start the Evoke installation again.
- In most cases, accept the default options to install Evoke, Retarget and Bonjour. If you are using a SafeNet dongle, select the option to install the SafeNet dongle driver.
- On the End-User License Agreement wizard page, read and accept the terms and click Initialize.
- On the Evoke installation initialization wizard page, click Install.
The installation pages and license agreements that are displayed depend on the options you selected in Step 4.
- Click through the installation pages, accepting any necessary license agreements.
- On the final installation wizard page, click Finish.
Install Vicon Product Licensing only
- Visit the Vicon Product Licensing page.
- Download the Vicon Product Licensing installer.
In Windows Explorer, go to the folder to which you downloaded the installer, unzip it, then double-click Vicon_Product_Licensing_Setup.exe.
Follow the onscreen instructions to install Vicon Product Licensing.
Note that if an older version of the license server is already installed, it is replaced. If the same version is already installed, the license server is not installed.Caution
Installing the Sentinel License Server also installs the License Tools. If you are already using any other version of the SafeNet licensing tools, before replacing them with the latest version, contact Vicon Support for advice.
For information on how to use Vicon Product Licensing to license your Evoke installation, see License Vicon Evoke.