To request a license, you start Evoke and supply the relevant details.
In addition to the procedure for accessing licensing described below, you can also manage licensing in the following ways:
- After you have licensed Evoke, start Evoke and on the Help menu, click Licensing; or
- To run the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool (VAULT) independently of Evoke, click the Windows button, then on the START menu, click Vicon and then Vicon Product Licensing.
To request a license from Vicon Support:
- If you are using a SafeNet dongle to license your machine, insert the dongle.
- On the machine for which you want the license (either a networked license server or a standalone machine), start Evoke and at the left of the dialog box, click Request License.
- At the top of the Request a License dialog box, from the Product and Product Version menus, ensure Evoke and 1.x are selected.
- In the appropriate fields, enter your contact details.
- In the Options area, select whether to request:
- Standalone license locked to local PC name: for use by the PC from which you are sending this request only
- Network license locked to license server name: for use on the license server machine from which you are sending this request by one or more PCs on the same network
- Standalone license locked to a dongle: for use with the specified dongle on a single PC. In the Dongle ID field, type the ID, which is found on the dongle.
- For network/server based licenses only: if necessary, change the value for the Number of Seats.
- Leave the settings in the Machine area at their default values unless you are asked to change them by Vicon Support (for example, if you are using a dual-booting system or have had to reinstall Windows).
- Do one of the following:
- If you can currently email your license request, click the Email Request button; or
- If email is currently unavailable, click Save Request to a file, so that you can send the request later. Type or browse to a suitable location and click OK.
The file is saved as ViconLicenseRequest*.xml.
When possible, email the file to Vicon Support.