Depending on the way you license Vicon Evoke, choose one of the following:
- If you want to install Evoke and manage Vicon licenses on the same PC, see Install Evoke.
- If you are setting up a network license server and you don't want to install Evoke on that machine, see Install VAULT only (VAULT is the Vicon Automated Unified Licensing Tool).
The Evoke installer enables you to choose whether to install the following components:
- Vicon Evoke This option installs Vicon Evoke, supporting live VR functionality. Selected by default.
- Vicon Retarget Application that supports retargeting. Selected by default.
- Vicon Firmware Update Utility This software checks whether your Vicon hardware needs firmware updates and enables you to update the firmware whenever necessary. Selected by default.
- Vicon Pulsar Reprogramming Tool This software enables you to check your Vicon Pulsar firmware and to update it whenever necessary. Selected by default.
- Vicon Video Viewer This software enables you to play back video files captured with Vicon Evoke and other Vicon applications. Selected by default.
- Bonjour This option installs Bonjour networking technology software. Selected by default.
- Safenet Dongle Driver This option enables you to use a Safenet dongle, so is only necessary if your license uses a dongle. (You may need to reboot your PC after installation.) Cleared by default.
To install Evoke:
- Download the Vicon Evoke software installer (if you have not received a link, contact Vicon Support).
- In Windows Explorer, go to the folder to which you downloaded the installer and double-click Vicon_Evoke_Setup.exe.Note
If you attempt to install Evoke on a machine running a version of Windows that is earlier than Windows 10, you may receive an error message that halts the installation. The message instructs you to install a specified Windows update before re-starting the Evoke installation. In this case:
- Exit the Evoke installation.
- Download and install the specified Windows update.
- Start the Evoke installation again.
- In most cases, accept the default options to install Evoke, Retarget and Bonjour. If you are using a SafeNet dongle, select the option to install the SafeNet dongle driver.
- On the End-User License Agreement wizard page, read and accept the terms and click Initialize.
- On the Evoke installation initialization wizard page, click Install.
The installation pages and license agreements that are displayed depend on the options you selected in Step 4.
- Click through the installation pages, accepting any necessary license agreements.
- On the final installation wizard page, click Finish.
Install VAULT only
- Visit the Vicon Product Licensing page.
- Download the Vicon VAULT installer.
In Windows Explorer, go to the folder to which you downloaded the installer, unzip it, then double-click Vicon_Product_Licensing_Setup.exe.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install VAULT.
Note that if an older version of the license server is already installed, it is replaced. If the same version is already installed, the license server is not installed.Caution
Installing the Sentinel License Server also installs the License Tools. If you are already using any other version of the SafeNet licensing tools, before replacing them with the latest version, contact Vicon Support for advice.
For information on how to use VAULT to license your Evoke installation, see License Vicon Evoke.